The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (The AusIMM) is pleased to announce that it will host PACRIM 2015 at the Conrad Hotel, Hong Kong from 18-21 March 2015.
PACRIM is a quadrennial congress that focuses on research, exploration and development of mineral deposits around the Pacific Rim. Its appeal extends far and wide to geologists, geophysicists, geochemists exploring in the Pacific Rim and people interested in the mineralisation processes of active tectonic margins, and those developing projects following discovery in these regions.
PACRIM 2015 will present over 85 technical abstracts plus additional keynote presentations over a three day period. The program will also include networking functions, pre and post conference workshops, technical tours, students program and optional sightseeing tours.
|The congress will cover technical themes including:|
|Mineralisation Processes||Project and Development|
|Mineralisation Styles||Exploration and Mining Investment|
|Provinces and Case Studies||Exploration Techniques|
PACRIM Technical Program Released
The organising committee are pleased to release the technical program for PACRIM 2015. The three day program will present over 85 technical abstracts plus an additional 7 keynote presentations from renowned international speakers.
PACRIM 2015 Registrations are Now Open
Early-bird registrations are now open for PACRIM 2015. Register now to save up to HKD 1,680 off the standard registration rate. Early bird registration closes 31 January 2015.
Save 30% off your Mines and Money Registration
Planning to attend Mines and Money Hong Kong? SAVE $1,228.50 (US) on your registration by registering for PACRIM 2015 first. That’s most of your PACRIM 2015 registration in savings!!
To receive the discount register for PACRIM 2015 first and use the discount code provided in your confirmation email to register for Mines and Money Hong Kong.
Workshops and Tours
The organising committee are pleased to advise an exciting workshop and technical tour program has been confirmed for before and after the congress.Workshops include:
- W1: Geology, mineral deposits, and exploration in China – SEG
- W2: Regional Metallogenic to Local Controls on Circum-Pacific Gold and Copper Deposits
- W3: Skarn Deposits
- W4: Portable X-ray Fluorescence (pXRF) Technology
- W5: 21st Century Structural Geology for Exploration and Mining: From Cores to Drones
- W6: Lessons Learnt from Auditing Mineral Resources Estimates – A Guide to Best Practice
- T1: Geology of the Northeast New Territories Region of the Hong Kong Geopark
- T2: Danxiashan Exploration Geo-Tour
- T3: Exploration Geo-tour of Northeast New Territories Sedimentary Rock Region
- T4: The Panzhihua Fe-Ti-V deposit and Lala Fe-Cu deposit, Sichuan Province, South-West China
- T5: China’s Carlin-like Golden Triangle
- T6: Porphyry Cu and Orogenic Au Deposits in Dexing District, North-East Jiangxi, South China
- T7: The Porphyry and Epithermal Systems of the Zijinshan Orefield, Shanghang, Fujian
- T8: Palaeozoic Porphyry Copper Deposits of the Gurvansayhan Arc, South Gobi Region of Mongolia
- T9: Martabe High Sulphidation Au-Ag Epithermal District, Sumatra Indonesia
Keynote Speakers Confirmed
PACRIM 2015 is pleased to announce the following keynote speakers:
- How Leaky are Oceanic Ridge Axes? A New Assessment of the Spatial Density of Submarine Hydrothermal Discharge
Edward Baker, Research Scientist, Principal, Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Ocean, USA
- Metallogeny and Related Tectonic Settings in China
Mac Canby, Vice President, Eurasian Exploration, Freeport-McMoRan Exploration Corporation, USA
- Recent Developments in Understanding of and Exploring for Epithermal Deposits in Volcanic Arcs
Jeffrey Hedenquist, Principal, Hedenquist Consulting Inc, Canada
- Exploration for Skarn Deposits – General Principles and New Observations from China and Peru
Larry Meinert, Head of Mineral Resources Program, US Geological Survey, USA
- Metallogeny and Related Tectonic Settings in China
Franco Pirajno, Adjunct Professor at the Centre for Exploration Targeting, University of Western Australia
- Richard Schodde MAusIMM, Managing Director, MinEx Consulting and Adjunct Professor at the University of Western Australia
- Recent Advances in Porphyry Copper Geology and Their Exploration Utility
Richard Sillitoe, Consultant, United Kingdom
- Exploration and Mining – The Need for Innovation
John Thompson, PetraScience Consultants and Professor, Cornel University, USA
Session Convenors Confirmed
|PACRIM 2015 is pleased to confirm the following session convenors will be assisting with the technical program of the congress:|
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities Now Available
The organising committee is pleased to invite companies to support PACRIM 2015. A limited number of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available. The opportunities, which can be tailored to address your organisation’s business needs, are a very cost effective way to reach potential and actual meeting delegates.
PACRIM 2015 will be an ideal opportunity for sponsors to maximise exposure to a prime international audience.
To ensure you receive the latest information about the congress as it becomes available; please register your interest.