The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (The AusIMM) is pleased to announce that it will host PACRIM 2015 at the Conrad Hotel, Hong Kong from 18-21 March 2015.
PACRIM is a quadrennial congress that focuses on research, exploration and development of mineral deposits around the Pacific Rim. Its appeal extends far and wide to geologists, geophysicists, geochemists exploring in the Pacific Rim and people interested in the mineralisation processes of active tectonic margins, and those developing projects following discovery in these regions.
PACRIM 2015 will present over 50 technical abstracts plus additional keynote presentations over a three day period. The program will also include networking functions, pre and post conference workshops, technical tours, students program and optional sightseeing tours.
|The congress will cover technical themes including:|
|Mineralisation Processes||Project and Development|
|Mineralisation Styles||Exploration and Mining Investment|
|Provinces and Case Studies||Exploration Techniques|
PACRIM 2015 Registrations are Now Open
Early-bird registrations are now open for PACRIM 2015. Register now to save up to HKD 1,680 off the standard registration rate. Early bird registration closes 31 January 2015.
Save 30% off your Mines and Money Registration
Planning to attend Mines and Money Hong Kong? SAVE $1,228.50 (US) on your registration by registering for PACRIM 2015 first. That’s most of your PACRIM 2015 registration in savings!!
To receive the discount register for PACRIM 2015 first and use the discount code provided in your confirmation email to register for Mines and Money Hong Kong.
Workshops and Tours
The organising committee are pleased to advise an exciting workshop and technical tour program has been confirmed for before and after the congress.Workshops include:
- W1: Geology, mineral deposits, and exploration in China – SEG
- W2: Regional Metallogenic to Local Controls on Circum-Pacific Gold and Copper Deposits
- W3: Skarn Deposits
- W4: Portable X-ray Fluorescence (pXRF) Technology
- W5: 21st Century Structural Geology for Exploration and Mining: From Cores to Drones
- W6: Lessons Learnt from Auditing Mineral Resources Estimates – A Guide to Best Practice
- T1: Geology of the Northeast New Territories Region of the Hong Kong Geopark
- T2: Danxiashan Exploration Geo-Tour
- T3: Exploration Geo-tour of Northeast New Territories Sedimentary Rock Region
- T4: The Panzhihua Fe-Ti-V deposit and Lala Fe-Cu deposit, Sichuan Province, South-West China
- T5: China’s Carlin-like Golden Triangle
- T6: Porphyry Cu and Orogenic Au Deposits in Dexing District, North-East Jiangxiang, South China
- T7: The Porphyry and Epithermal Systems of the Zijinshan Orefield, Shanghang, Fujian
- T8: Palaeozoic Porphyry Copper Deposits of the Gurvansayhan Arc, South Gobi Region of Mongolia
Keynote Speakers Confirmed
PACRIM 2015 is pleased to announce the following keynote speakers:
- Mac Canby, Vice President/Eurasian Exploration, Freeport-McMoRan Copper and Gold
- Cornel de Ronde, Principal Scientist, GNS Science
- Jeffrey Hedenquist, Hedenquist Consulting Inc
- Larry Meinert, U.S. Geological Survey, United States of America
- Franco Pirajno, University of Western Australia
- Richard Schodde, MinEx Consulting
- Richard Sillitoe, Consultant
- John Thompson, Petra Science Consultants
Session Convenors Confirmed
|PACRIM 2015 is pleased to confirm the following session convenors will be assisting with the technical program of the congress:|
Sponsorship and Exhibition Opportunities Now Available
The organising committee is pleased to invite companies to support PACRIM 2015. A limited number of sponsorship and exhibition opportunities are available. The opportunities, which can be tailored to address your organisation’s business needs, are a very cost effective way to reach potential and actual meeting delegates.
PACRIM 2015 will be an ideal opportunity for sponsors to maximise exposure to a prime international audience.
To ensure you receive the latest information about the congress as it becomes available; please register your interest.